Monday, April 6, 2015

ACURE Cell Stimulating Facial Mask Review





I got this in the Whole Foods Beauty Week bag. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect mask so I was excited to give it a try. 


Description 

Work over your cells with the power of Moroccan Argan Stem Cells and Chlorella Growth Factor, a true synergy of cell revitalization. French Green Clay draws out impurities while Moroccan Argan Oil, CoQ10 and Seabuckthorn Oil provide moisture. Serious cell repair!



Ingredients

Organic Curoxidant™ Blend [(Organic Euterpe Oleracea (Acai) Berry, Organic Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry), Organic Rosa Canina (Rosehips), Organic Punica Granatum (Pomegranate), Fair Trade Organic Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos)], Organic Aloe Barbadensis Vera Leaf, French Green Clay, Vegetable Glycerin, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate (from Coconut + Amino Acids), Vegetable Cellulose Gum, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (from Coconut), Chlorophyll, Organic Chlorella Pyrenoidosa Extract (Chlorella Growth Factor), Glucono Delta Lactone (Sugar Enzyme), Fair Trade Organic Theobroma Cacoa (Cocoa) Butter, Carageenan (Algae), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Seed Oil, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), Argania Spinosa (Argan) Stem Cell, Potassium Sorbate (Food Grade Preservative), Organic Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil, and Sage and Spearmint Essential Oil Blend, Peony Stem Cell, Sweet Iris Stem Cell.



Directions


Work over your cells with the power of Moroccan Argan Stem Cells and Chlorella Growth Factor



Application

I washed my face with my Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel first. They did not state whether or not to wash your face first, however, since most masks say apply to clean face, I decided to keep with this practice. 



This mask went on great! It was smooth and not at all sticky. I was able to apply quickly and fairly evenly. A little goes a long way so I can probably get about 3-5 more uses just from this sample. 

Upon application, there was a noticeable tingling/burning sensation. Now, as I've stated in previous reviews, I happen to like these types of sensations. I note this because some people, like my mother do not like any tingling feeling in any product of any kind at all. I think it's important to note because I see in reviews where people state that a product burns their face, and while that could be the case, really some people just are extremely sensitive to this type of feeling. That said, the burning sensation I felt with this mask, was almost too much even for me to handle. I loooovvvveeeee tingling feelings. I did not love this feeling. Now, there could have been a number of reasons for this. 1) I washed my face first. This could have caused my pores to be too open OR could've caused some preliminary irritation. 2) My face may have already been slightly irritated before applying it. 3) I did notice spearmint in the ingredients. Mints are generally used to give a tingling sensation, but it was low on the ingredients list and I barely smelled it so I'm not sure if it's enough to cause a negative effect. who I will be trying this mask again without washing my face first. Instead, I will just use one of the Acure Cleansing Wipes to gently remove any dirt and oil before application. I will see if this helps. It should be noted, though, that this would not be the mask to use if I'm having an eczema outbreak. 

This mask does rinse well. It foams which aids in its removal. This is great because some masks take forever to remove. 


Results

As usual, I cannot offer any accurate information as to whether this mask "works" or does what it claims upon one application. Furthermore, since eczema is the only real skin issue I have, I often cannot say if a product really has any effect on me. My skin does feel soft and looks bright. It does have great ingredients so perhaps over time it may show more of a result. 


I will be using this product again until it is finished. I will probably not repurchase because I will get enough uses out of this sample to add to my mask rotation before moving on to something else. It is a great price though and can be found in store as Target. Full size retails for 15.99 


Have you tried this product? What mask are you using? Let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment