Friday, October 3, 2014

Curls Passion Fruit Curl Control Paste




The #TNDBunChallenge is still going on! Today I'm showcasing one of my FAVORITE products for slicking down your edges. 




There are so many things I love about this product. First, I have a combination of type 4 a, b, and c hair. My type C hair is in the front so it's very hard to find a product that will actually lay down my edges. I don't have baby hair type of hair. Lol. When you lay your hair down with this, it is not going anywhere. I mean, your hair does NOT move. If I wet my hair before applying (I like to use Oyin Handmade Juices n Berries), I can get a nice little wave pattern. I still set with a scarf but this stuff really does the trick on its own.

Second, you can apply this product liberally without buildup. Some gels can build up easily or don't mix well with other products. I haven't had any issues with this one.

Finally, let me also mention that it smells AMAZING. I have a sensitive nose and fragrances for me can be tricky. This is just enough without being too much.  

I wish they would make a slightly lighter version of this I could use on twists, because it's one of few products I've seen that reduces shrinkage. I tried it on a twist once and it did wonders. I have about 75% shrinkage so this could be very useful. It is however, a bit too sticky to put all over your head. Perhaps I may try diluting it in the future. We shall see. 

Let me know if you've tried this and how it's worked for you. What's your favorite product for slicking down edges? 

No comments:

Post a Comment