Monday, October 20, 2014

TND Bun Challenge Reflection and Simple Routine for Bunning Natural Hair

Having taken a short break from the majority of social media, I would like to update you all on the TND Bun Challenge that ended yesterday. Since I was taking a break, unfortunately I did not take very many photos. In addition, I didn't really go anywhere besides work, where I see no one, so I threw my hair up into a top knot, no gel, no scarf to slick my edges, I was just trying to make sure the hair was up and I was keeping up with the challenge. Needless to say, this style wasn't exactly photo material. Nevertheless, I did find the challenge to be very effective. My hair was kept stretched and my ends off my shoulders. I did not take a before and after photo, however, being that the challenge was only a few weeks I was not expecting to visually see growth or length retention. I do intend to continue incorporating bunning into my routine, although not consecutively, during the fall and winter seasons. Below is the routine I use when bunning my hair. It is a simple routine that can be done by anyone and modified to fit your specific needs. Hope you find this helpful.






Simple Routine for Bunning Natural Hair

  1. Wash and condition hair
  2. Blow dry lightly on low heat (skip this step if your hair cannot tolerate heat or if you prefer to bun on wet hair)
  3. Bun hair, add gel to edges if so desired, and tie down with a satin scarf.
  4. Loosen bun and pineapple hair at night with a scarf
  5. Every other day (EOD) moisturize hair and seal ends with oil (I use JBCO) . Put hair into large twists at that night to keep hair stretched
  6. Reposition and re-bun the next morning to reduce stress on hair

Below are some presentable photos I took during the bun challenge:













By the way, I did stop the challenge two days early because I had a photo shoot to do on Saturday. I did my signature style, flat twists with rods. Here is a sneak peak of that! 


No comments:

Post a Comment