Friday, January 2, 2015

CV Skinlabs Rescue+Relief Spray Review


While looking up tips for wearing mineral makeup online, I came across this product on a blog. The blogger used it as a setting spray. I immediately looked it up because I am always looking for something for my sensitive skin, and it seems this product was created just for me.  



This product is free of the things I do not use I do not use in my face:






























The ingredient list is amazing. Full of organic and soothing ingredients:



Product claims:


So it sounds great, but real question is, does it work? I'm here to tell you YES! This product has far exceeded my expectations. 




As a mid-day refresher 

This is the primary way I've been using this product. Sometimes I'm in a hurry and don't have time to do my full (and kind of long) skincare routine during the week, and mid day it can start to peel. Or, sometimes, I have an allergic response to something (I really need to see an allergist) that causes a facial flare up of redness and itchiness. Well, once I spray this on, all of that goes away. However, it's benefits do not stop there. Not only does this product refresh and revive skin, it is also very moisturizing. I wasn't expecting that at all. Reading further into the information on the CV Skin Labs website I found that this product is also a moisturizer for those whose skin is so sensitive they can't even touch it. Having been in that position before years ago, I know how it feels. Hopefully, I never have to endure that again, but if I do, I know I have something that will work. 

As a makeup setting spray

This weekend I got to use this as a makeup setting spray. I don't really use makeup setting sprays so I can't say how it compares to any others, however I did like the effects. Because of my eczema and sensitive/reactive skin, wearing makeup can cause issues. This helps to soothe my skin after the makeup application. It also softens the look of powder products creating a more dewy and airbrushed finish. I do not know if it extended the life of my makeup, but it certainly did not decrease it. I would also like to experiment with using this product before makeup as a primer. I will keep you posted as to how this turns out. 

This product is pretty large. I'm attaching a photo of the size next to my hand. I have long fingers.  



I love this stuff so much I'm ordering a second bottle to have one for work and one for home. I'm also going to be pouring some into a spray bottle to carry on the go. I did order sample sizes of CV Skin labs other products, but have not had time to adequately assess them. I will review them when I do. Hope you all found this helpful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment